VITAL MEDICINAL ADVANTAGES OF USING BLACK TURMERIC
Black turmeric (Curcuma caesia Roxb) is an important therapeutic herb of zingiberaceae family. A perennial herb with a bluish-black rhizome is called black turmeric, or Curcuma caesia. Due to its supposed medicinal benefits, the rhizomes of Curcuma caesia are of significant commercial value. Curcumin, a chemical compound with numerous therapeutic benefits, is found in the highest concentration in black turmeric, a wonder herb.
Black Turmeric Medical Applications:
- The rhizomes of black turmeric are frequently used to treat pneumonia, cough, and cold in children.
- Herb rhizomes are used as a rubeficient after a Turkish bath to rub the body.
- Adults are treated with the rhizome of black turmeric for fever and asthma.
- Fresh black turmeric is crushed and applied as a paste to the forehead for migraine relief or to the body for sprains and bruises.
- The rhizome of black turmeric is effective against leukoderma, epilepsy, cancer, and HIV/AIDS.
- A small amount of rhizome paste is said to expel stomach gases and cure menstrual disorders.
- The herb’s rhizome has traditionally been used to treat haemorrhoids, leprosy, asthma, fever, wounds, vomiting, as an anthelmintic, aphrodisiac, gonorrheal discharges, and inflammation.
- The extract of black turmeric rhizome has been used as a smooth muscle relaxant, anti-tumor, and anti-oxidant.
- Fresh black turmeric rhizome is applied to wounds and nagging sores for relief and quick healing.
- Curcuma caesia relieves stomach problems such as indigestion. Indigestion or stomach pain can be relieved by chewing a small piece of rhizome. It also aids digestion and the proper operation of the liver and kidneys.
- Black rhizome and leaves are used in various parts of the world. It is used to strengthen the brain and the heart.
- In rheumatic arthritis, the rhizome of black turmeric is ground into a paste.
- During the snake and scorpion bites, fresh rhizome paste of black turmeric was applied. The dried powder was mixed with Andrographis paniculata seed powder and applied to insect and snake bites.
- Cattles suffering from dysentery are given fresh rhizome juice mixed with mustard oil.
- Curcuma caecia rhizome is used in Asian medicine to treat wounds, pox, and tumours.